.

.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Service

               

Service…what does the word service mean to you? If you are not sure I will give you an example where I have been doing service.

            My class went on a field trip…we went boxcar loading! In the middle of doing it I did want to give up, it was tiring. (Who knew soap and a bunch of quilts would be so heavy?) Anyway…I was wondering why we needed to do this and where all of this stuff is going…our teacher told us. He said that this stuff is going to North Carolina to be shipped of to Africa! The point of boxcar loading is to provide lasting solutions to poverty…If you want to learn more go to www.lwr.org. I am so glad that my class was able to go! We had a lot of fun! It also made it a whole lot better knowing why we were doing this J It made GREAT memories too J

            So what is service? Service is doing something where you are helping others whether physically, secretly,(like when you help someone but they don't know it yet) or spiritually. God loves when you help others out…because by doing it, it also helps you understand why it is so important. So how can you serve others today? Or even better:

HOW CAN YOU SERVE GOD EVERDAY?

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job today! I am proud of you for having a good attitude. Attitude can make even the hardest of work fun filled, can't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say this, "We are here to volunteer!" Good job Alyssa! :)

    ReplyDelete