.

.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Focus








 What should our focus be on? That is the main question. There are many things that we get obsessed with: money, fame, boys, food, etc., but what should we REALLY focus on?




The answer is  Jesus Christ.

I know that it may seem hard, especially while living in such a sinful world that feeds on gossip, lies, and entertainment. That is why us Christians have such a great role to play. We have to focus on Christ rather than worldly things.


 

Proverbs 5:1 says:


My son, stay focused; listen to the wisdom I have gained;
    give attention to what I have learned
about life.."



This is God talking to us. It must be pretty important for God to tell US to focus. By focusing, He doesn't mean on things that are not pure...He means on things that are important...according to God...not US! We should focus on God.




I need some help in this category...


I get obsessed with something RIGHT AWAY...then it may fade off for a while then come back again, or not, it just depends.


My parents tell/remind me that I should focus on something better than or not talk so much about..."Leonardo Dicaprio and Titanic.."


I think everyone that knows me can agree that I go a little overboard :/





Colossians 3:2 says:


"Set your mind on the things that are above
not on the things that are upon the earth."










So maybe next time I am about to get obsessed about something/someone I should say this..

"Is_____ of this world?" Should I set my mind on this person or thing? Probably not unless it is God.


I'm not saying it is easy...it's one of the hardest things for me!


It doesn't mean that you can't get all excited about something when you like it... just don't make it where it takes over what you do, talk about, think about etc.,





 


1 comment: